11.25.2010

Giving Thanks...

Have you listened to Josh Groban's Noel Christmas Cd? I've been listening to it a lot the last few days.

There is a song called Thankful on it and wow! The words are incredible.

Perfect for a day like today :) so in his words..

There's SO much to be thankful for:


Jesus Christ, his temple and gospel
I am thankful for always having goals because of what I know to be true. I can constantly strive to be better to show Jesus thanks for everything he gives me.
Two incredible sets of parents to look up to.
My mom is willing to help me with anything I need. I am constantly calling her for cooking and craft questions and she always goes above and beyond to help me with whatever I am doing.
My dad is the hardest working person that I know. He works so hard and does everything he can to provide for my family. Both of my parents have very strong testimonies which is a great example to me.


My in laws and sister in law are willingly serving a mission right now in Canada. I can't think of a better example of service. I miss them so much. I miss going to their house every night and enjoying their company. Good thing for skype :)
I am so thankful for these two.
My sister is my best friend. My role model. I love her more than she will ever know. I care about her so much. I hope so much that she is successful and happy in life.
My brother is the sweetest little kid on the planet. Everytime I see him he runs up and gives me a huge hug and says that he has missed me. I can't imagine our family without him.
I am so thankful for Tyler's siblings.
I love them. I am so glad I married into their family and that we can all have so much fun together.
I am thankful for our wonderful grandparents that we have to look up to.

I am also thankful for my car to get me thru the snow, and for my job to help me and my husband live.
I am thankful for school and the education it is giving me and my husband.
I am thankful for so many good friends I can turn to and depend on.

I am thankful for all the little things in life that makes me happy.
Trees. Mountains. Sunshine. Swimming. Sports.
Flannel sheets. Sweaters. Boots.
Hot chocolate. Laptops. Tights. Vacations.
Music. Bracelets. Holidays.

I have SO much to be thankful for.

Most of all, I am thankful for this sweet boy who puts up with me and loves me for who I am
EVERY single day.

I think I often get caught up in thinking about what I don't have. I am always wanting more.
If we all take the time to realize what we actually have, we will be pleasantly surprised.

I LOVE my life and I am SO thankful for every single part of it.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

  1. Heather, what a beautiful blog and so thoughtfully put. We love and miss you too and are very thankful for such a wonderful addition to our family and the perfect eternal companion for our son. MoM

    ReplyDelete